Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Recipe Four: How to Boil an Egg

I'm packing bags, doing laundry, scheduling hair cuts and dentist appointments, cleaning out the fridge - I must be moving, again. I can't believe it's actually here, six months of finishing school, living in Seattle with mom, reconnecting with friends, and six months of time apart from my beloved husband-to-be. I am hands down the worst long distance relationship person in the universe, so this should be one of the more challenging six months of my 30 years. Ugh.

But, back to the recipes for Dan. The other day I boiled some eggs to make egg salad sandwiches and Dan asked how I knew when they were done.

Yikes.

I think I've been making the Dan how-to recipes a little more advanced than I thought. So, here you have it honey bunches. How to boil an egg, just in case you need a homemade Cobb salad, egg salad sandwiches, just a boiled egg slice in half with salt and pepper - there are so so many uses for the boiled egg.

Step one: Place whole, raw egg in a saucepan.

Step two: Run cold water into the saucepan until the water is 1 inch above the egg.

Step three: Place the saucepan on a stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil.

Step four: As soon as the water begins to boil set the time for 15 minutes for a hard-boiled egg or 7 minutes for a soft boiled egg. Reduce the heat slightly so the eggs are not moving around too much

Step five: When the timer is up, place the pan in the sink and run cold water over the eggs until they are cool enough to touch.

Step six: Peel the eggs, rinse them off and enjoy!

See you all in Seattle very soon!!

2 comments:

  1. all i can say is, ask dan about his recipe for raw onions in pasta (they "get warmed up by the pasta.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shoes are having an Easter egg decorating date night, and Mrs Shoe has to print out these instructions since she didn't know before! :) Teehee. Thanks, lovey ♥ Hope you and Dan are well!

    ReplyDelete